Contemplating sliding doors for your home? Smart choice – there are many advantages to this particular design. Today, Hamilton Windows is counting down the top 10 benefits that accompany this increasingly popular glazing product.
What is a sliding door?
If you were thinking the clue is in the name – you’d be right! Simply put, sliding doors operate without a hinge, meaning that they glide instead of swing in order to open.
What’s more, sliding doors are more ubiquitous than you might think. London Underground’s tube trains, for example, even have sliding doors (as symbolically explored in the eponymous, 1998 rom-com starring Gwyneth Paltrow). But today, we’ll be primarily focusing on uPVC-style sliding doors for the home.
So, without any further ado…
10 benefits of sliding doors:
- Space. Unlike their hinged counterparts, sliding doors save you square footage in your home, as the area needed for the door to swing fully open is no longer required.
- Extra light. Who doesn’t want more natural light in their home? With sliding doors’ large panes of glass, you’ll enjoy floodlit rooms throughout the day.
- Easy access to outdoor spaces. Having sliding doors installed near to your outdoor area will give you a convenient way to gain access to the outside. Particularly useful in those warm summer months!
- Bringing the outdoors in. Enjoy stunning views of your garden from the comfort and warmth of your home, no matter what day of the year.
- Eco-friendliness. Sliding uPVC doors help regulate the temperature of your home, meaning you’ll need less heating and air-conditioning as the months go by, which is great news for the environment.
- Energy efficiency. These double glazed products will help keep your home cool in the summer, and warm in the winter. And, a nice added extra, you’ll also cut down on your energy bills in the process!
- Transparency. As opposed to a lot of conventional doors, many sliding doors are see-through. So whether you need more light in your dingy living room, or you’d like to keep an eye on the kids when they’re outdoors at play, these doors are just the thing!
- Safety. Sliding doors are built to be safe, so you won’t have to worry about trapped fingers.
- Security. You won’t have to worry that the security of your home is compromised when you choose sliding doors, as they come with a range of sophisticated locking systems.
- Style. Sliding doors are a truly aesthetic addition to most living spaces, adding a touch of modern flair with their sleek lines and minimalist appearance.
Join the glazing conversation!
Do you have sliding doors in your home? What benefits have you experienced? Let us know by sending us a Tweet, or following us on Twitter.
Also, if you need any advice about sliding doors for your Surrey property, the Hamilton Windows team will be happy to help. Call 020 8390 4855 for more information